Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes professional broadcaster Ross Brand onto the podcast to discuss how you can help your students create standard-aligned lessons and activities using video and live streaming applications.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Question Topic: How can I use Video and Live Streaming in my School District or Classroom?
How can K12 EDU Take Advantage of Live Streaming?
- Why is it important for students to learn about video, video editing, and video production?
- It meets all the ISTE Standards for Students
- It helps students learn how to tell their stories and the stories of those around them in their world
- YouTube is the #2 Search Engine for content
- The skill set that you develop will help you make a positive impression when your sales pitch is happening on Zoom
- Students need to know how to relate to each other on an online setting on audio and video and need to be prepared
- What types of Video applications are available to students?
- What does the world of Live Streaming look like in 2023 and beyond?
- What predictions do you have for Live Streaming in 2023?
- Where can teachers and students go for help and support in getting their live-streaming equipment?
- You call yourself a Brand Evangelist?
- What is a Brand Evangelist?
- How can a student aspire to become one?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
About our Guest: Ross Brand
Ross Brand connects brands with customers through the power of livestreaming. The founder of Livestream Universe, he's served as an on-air personality for leading industry brands such as StreamYard, BeLive, and LiveU, and a brand ambassador for Wirecast. Ross is the author of the “100 Livestreaming & Digital Media Predictions” Series, a #1 Best Seller in six countries and winner of 17 book awards. Switcher Studio selected Ross as one of “5 Live Video Experts to Follow” and Klout named him the world's #1 livestreaming expert on social media.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://LivestreamUniverse.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/irossbrand
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/livestreamuniverse
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)