Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes ISTE Certification Trainer Rick Ballew on to the podcast to discuss the ISTE Certification program.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Question Topic: How do you become ISTE Certified?
The ISTE Certified Educator program.
- What is the program?
- How do you become ISTE Certified?
- Cost / Time Commitment
- The three phases of the ISTE Certification Program
- The ISTE Certification Portfolio
- Building your PLN through ISTE
- What can you learn through the ISTE Certification program?
Links of Interest
About our Guest: Rick Ballew
Frederick (goes by Rick) is an ISTE Certified Educator and Trainer, Google for Education Certified Innovator (#NYC19 cohort), Trainer, Coach, the founder and leader of GEG Minnesota Metro Area, a GEG Mentor for US – Midwest, a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert from 2020-2023, a Microsoft Innovative Educator Fellow, and an Adobe Education Leader that is passionate about leveraging technology to make the daily work of educators more efficient, their teaching more engaging, and their lives more fulfilling. He earned his BA in music education from the University of Minnesota at Morris with majors in trombone and voice, a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction focused on Arts Integration from Lesley University, and a Master of Science degree in Educational Technology from Mankato State University including Graduate Certificates for Digital Educator, Technologist, Educational Technology in the Classroom and Computer, Keyboard, and Related Technology. Rick has been an educator in ISD #271, Bloomington Public Schools since 1998.
Links of Interest
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)