Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Dr. Matthew Rhoads and Dr. Casey Jakubowski on the podcast to discuss the importance of supporting our new staff members.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Crush it from the Start: 50 Tips for New Teachers
Welcome to the Teaching Profession!
Is it what you expected? For many new teachers, that answer is a resounding no! The challenges and barriers you face may be unlike anything you prepared for or learned about prior to stepping into the classroom. Teaching is an amazing and wonderful career, but it is rife with obstacles to overcome.
Trust experienced, practicing educators to prepare you for the realities of teaching! Drs. Matt, Sam, Casey, and Kevin will lead you through the hottest topics, surprising situations, and crucial advice that will help you flourish in year one.
We know what it’s like to enter a classroom for the first time and think, “I’m the adult in charge right now?” Authors Matt, Sam, Casey, and Kevin have extensive experience both in teaching and as leaders helping pre-service educators transition to the classroom. The first year can be overwhelming from the start.
Our upcoming book is meant to shorten your learning curve and help you operate at your best in the classroom. Furthermore, we will lead you through some of the most difficult and jarring situations that a teacher may ever have to deal with. Through compassion, empathy, and experience, we will prepare you for the realities of the classroom.
This isn’t just a book. It is the confidence boost you need to be the teacher you always wanted to become.
About our Guests
Matthew Rhoads Ed.D
Matthew Rhoads, Ed.D. is an expert and innovator in educational technology and instructional strategy integration within online, blended, and traditional in-person classroom settings. As a practicing technology and instructional leader, trainer, integrationist, and coach in Adult Education, K-12, and Higher Education, he develops EdTech tool instructional integrations with research-based instructional strategies to drive instruction. He is a coach and professional learning specialist for new and experienced teachers within the consortium and at a local university. Dr. Rhoads publications focus on integrating instructional strategies with EdTech tools to amplify student learning within in-person, online, and blended learning classrooms. His latest books include Crushing it from the Start:50 Tips for New Teachers, Instruction Without Boundaries: Enhance Your Teaching Strategies with Technology Tools in Any Setting, Amplify Learning: A Global Collaborative – Amplifying Instructional Design, and *Navigating the Toggled Term: A Guide for K-12 Classroom and School Leaders*. He also has his podcast, Navigating Education – The Podcast, which discusses all topics related to education and instruction. For more information on Dr. Rhoads and his work, visit his website at www.matthewrhoads.com.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: @mattrhoads1990
Casey Thomas Jakubowski Ph.D
Casey Thomas Jakubowski, Ph.D. is a 25-year experienced teacher and coach of leadership, team dynamics, and conflict management. Casey has expertise in new teaching mentoring, teacher retention, and teacher leadership. Casey has written three books and collaborates on a fourth.
Casey is a EdD professor at University Maryland- Eastern Shore. He specializes in rural education, citizenship education and policy
Links of Interest
- Website: https://ctjakubowski.weebly.com/
- Twitter: @caseyj_edu
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ctjakubowski/
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!