Can Instructional Coaches Support Computer Science Education in K12 Classrooms?
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes educators and podcasters Kelly Paredes and Sean Tibor of the Teaching with Python podcast on the show to discuss the importance of Computer Science Education in our K12 classrooms.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
- What types of Computer Science should we be teaching our students?
- Should Educators challenge themselves professionally by learning Computer Programming?
- Getting started with students in Computer Science Education
- It’s important to learn … WITH … your students.
- Important Hashtags to follow.
- #Python, #PythonLearning
- Teaching Python Podcast
Links of Interest
- pybites codechalleng.es
- Python Morsels: Write better Python code
- Book: Automate the Boring Stuff
- BBC Microbit
- 3D models database | Printables.com
- Snowflake TIE Fighter Kit Card Ornament by fixumdude | Download free STL model | Printables.com
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
About our Guests
Kelly Schuster-Paredes is a mom, world traveler and a netizen. She loves learning about cultures and her children were born on two different continents. Kelly has a Masters in Curriculum, Instruction, and Technology from Nova Southeastern University. She has taught in London, Lima and USA and specializes in curriculum design, coaching and development. She got started with integrating technology in the classroom in 2003 and dabbled with app design in File Maker, HTML and Robotics. She currently teaches sixth, seventh and eighth grade computer science at Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This is her fourth year using Python.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://www.teachingpython.fm/
Sean is a dad, coder, teacher, geek, marketer, salmon enthusiast, Star Wars fan, and 3D-printing nut living in Florida. Prior to working at Mondelez, Sean was teaching, worked in IT and marketing for Procter & Gamble, Kaplan University (now Purdue University Global), and Diagnostic Centers of America. Sean is the founder of Red Reef Digital, a digital marketing consulting firm and is a certified HubSpot partner. He has a bachelor's and master's degree in information systems from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!