How can GZM Classroom be used to support Student Creativity in Your Classroom?
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Ben Strouse from GenZ Media to discuss the how podcasts can be used in the classroom to support student creativity.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
What is GZM Classroom?
GenZ Media began as a platform for creating media for family audiences. Teachers have brought these storytelling episodes in the classroom and have used them in various ways. These audio shows cover various aspects of storytelling in various genres as well as content areas.
How do teachers access the platform? –
Why is it important to provide students an audio format such as podcasts for learning new content?
How our shows are being used by innovate teachers in middle school classrooms, and how we're supporting those teachers with GZMClassroom.com materials.
- What kinds of shows does Gen-Z Media create?
- Various age ranges can find content at their age/grade level
- Six Minutes is the most popular show
- Who listens to your shows? What does your audience look like?
- How did GZM shows like SIX MINUTES wind up in classrooms…? What do teachers use it /them for?
- Teachers began reaching out and creating resources to share that went along with each grade level / episode of the different shows.
- ELA skills / critical thinking / summarizing
- Keeps learning at the center and creates a collaborative effort among the teacher and the students
- What grades/levels are appropriate?
- Have you talked to the teachers and students using your shows? 1.
- What are some of your plans around EduTech for 2023? (FETC, App) 1.
- Why would teachers want to bring podcasts into their classroom?
- Speaking/Listening Standards
- Recording / Voice experience
- Learning Styles
- What do teachers need to bring podcasts into their classrooms…?
- Where can teachers find out more about your shows and supporting materials (www.GZMClassroom)?
- Shows can be found here as well as materials to support the teacher in the classroom
- Choice boards, learning guides, graphic organizers, etc., etc
- What does it cost?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
About our Guest: Ben Strouse
Peabody Award-winning creator Ben Strouse oversees Gen-Z Media, the studio behind the biggest middle-grade and family podcast mysteries and adventures. Its slate of more than 20 shows includes “Six Minutes,” the most downloaded family drama in history; “Tomorrow,” an expansion of the iconic “Annie” universe; and the Peabody Award-winning classic “Mars Patel.” GZM Shows have won nearly all major podcasting awards that stand for great quality programming, including the Peabody Award, Best Kids & Family Podcast from the Academy of Podcasters, multiple Parent’s Choice Gold Awards, and iTunes Best of the Year, plus notable Ambie and Webby award nominations for Best Kids & Family Podcast of the Year. Most importantly, GZM Shows have been widely adopted by thousands of middle-grade classrooms all across the U.S. and Canada as a means of enhancing students' engagement and providing equal access to higher-level thinking for all learners of all levels.
Links of Interest
- Website: GZMClassroom.com
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!