What is a Curriculum Map doing in my Digital Learning Lesson?
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Instructional Coach Amber Hinkel on the podcast to discuss the importance of creating Curricular Maps that align to both Core Curricular and Digital Learning Standards.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
How do you create a Curriculum Map to support your standards-based and vertically aligned Digital Learning Curriculum?
What is a Curriculum Map?
What does a Curriculum Map Include?
- Content and Digital Learning Standards
- Skills Needed or Skills Acquired during the lesson
- Essential Questions
- Pacing Guides
- Detailed Units of Study
What is the Goal of a Curriculum Map?
- Creating Vertical Alignment with additional subjects or grade levels
- Horizontal Alignment with other subjects in the same grade level
What are the benefits of Curriculum Mapping?
What are the challenges of Curriculum Mapping?
How does a Curriculum Map fit into your Digital Learning Curriculum?
How do you create and align your Curriculum Map to ISTE Standards?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
About our Guest: Amber Hinkel
I am an experienced educator with over a decade of teaching experience in Florida, I am dedicated to helping teachers integrate technology tools into their classrooms. With a Master's degree in Instructional Technology, I have spent years researching and implementing the latest advancements in ed tech. In my current role as a Digital Innovation Specialist, I work closely with educators to help them understand and utilize ed tech tools. I am a certified Canvas Educator, a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert, an Adobe Creative Educator Leader, and an ISTE Certified Educator. My passion for ed tech is rooted in my belief that these tools can help teachers work smarter, not harder, while providing an opportunity to level the playing field for all students. Through my work, I strive to share my knowledge and empower teachers to use technology in innovative and effective ways.
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!