In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss different types of coaching styles and how a new Tech Coach can find his/her own voice within the position.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How can a Tech Coach find his/her own style and voice within the position?
- A Presenter-centered Approach
- Good for absorbing information and getting the “nitty-gritty” out of the way.
- How much lecture is too much lecture?
- When is the best time to do it during a workshop?
- You are always a presenter who is a teacher
- A Hands-on Guided Approach
- Knowing when to help and when to hold back
- Knowing what to provide as an example or template based on how creative the teachers are
- Show… don’t tell
- It’s ok to show your faults if issues come up
- A Facilitator / Coach Approach
- Helps promote self-learning and teacher discovery
- More personal- get to know the teachers more
- Focus on teaching styles and student outcomes
- The Collaborative Approach
- Does Think – Pair – Share work in PD?
- Leave it open to discussion
- Tech Coach as a learner too
- Building in time to brainstorm/plan together with the tech coach
- A Blended /Hybrid Approach
- Inclusive – a distillation of the best styles
- Gives you time to tailor the training session to your teachers
- Easy to incorporate tech
- Finding Your Own Voice
- How to feel comfortable teaching adults vs children
- How to navigate through the sea of Administration and Association
- How not to get disturbed when things get awkward
- How to be you and not lose your personality and self
- A Presenter-centered Approach
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!