In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” we host our November Tech Coach RoundTable where we bring on other Tech Coaches to discuss recent topics from our podcast.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Makes a Great Presentation Topic?
- Add Talking Points Here
- Try and make the connections between what you are teaching and district goals. It helps teachers not feel overwhelmed.
- Choosing the Title and Description based on audience and presentation location
- How to Become the Leader of Leaders in your School District?
- What is the role of the tech coach in the district?
- How does the district introduce the tech coach?
- What do you do if you are trying to be the one to push the district forward but nobody is looking to listen to you?
- How do you convince your administrator that you may know more about the topic at hand?
- Strategies for Working with Disruptive Teachers?
- If this is during a workshop or presentation, don’t let them hold up everyone else. Let them know you will work with them 1-1, or see if someone can help them while you go on. It’s a good idea to have a “helper” available.
- Let them know every expert was once a beginner
- Work with them where they are, raise the bar a little at a time
- How To Get Your Job Done But Stay out of Trouble?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
About our Guests
Claudio Zavala JR
Claudio currently works as an Instructional Technology Coordinator with Duncanville ISD in Duncanville, Texas. He’s an Adobe Education Leader, Flipgrid Ambassador, and a Participate Community Advisor. Claudio is passionate about fostering creativity in the classroom and using creation tools to enrich learning and experiences in the classroom. He is an experienced photographer, avid cinematographer, vlogger, musician and graphic designer.
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @ClaudioZavalaJr
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claudiozavalajr/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/iamclaudius
- Website: http://www.iamclaudius.com
Craig retired after 30 years as the District Director of Technology for Minot Public Schools (1985-2015) and 44 years in education. He is currently keeping busy as a Technology Integration Consultant, presenter and trainer/coach for school districts in North Dakota. He has a Masters and Specialist degrees in educational technology from NSULA in Natchitoches, LA.
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @cnansen
- Website: Craig’s Tech Resources
- Blog: Tech Talk with cnansen
- Shared Resources: http://bit.ly/cnansen_shared
Ryan Bradford is the Director of Technology and Integration for YPI Charter Schools in Los Angeles, CA. Ryan is passionate about having teachers use technology to enhance learning. Ryan believes that students should be using technology to innovate and create content. You can find out more about Ryan by visiting his website (mrbradfordonline.com).
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @mrbradfordtech
- Website: mrbradfordonline.com
Tech Tip of the Week
- Be passionate about your position and serve as a role model, encouraging creativity and listening and communicating effectively.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)