In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” we host our November Tech Coach RoundTable where we bring on other Tech Coaches to discuss recent topics from our podcast.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections and reactions from Episode 26 “Finding Your Teaching Style”
- Tech Coach Mastermind 2019
- January through February
- $300 Full Price
- TC50 to get $50 off price
- 2-3 Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Breakout Sessions to help you learnHow to Coach with a Learning Management System
- How to create an EdTech Integration Plan
- Free Lesson Plans to use with your Teachers
- 9 Week Online Course on Learning Management Systems
- Membership in a Private Facebook Tech Coach Group
- Free Downloadable Templates
- What Makes a Great Presentation Topic?
- Add Talking Points Here
- Try and make the connections between what you are teaching and district goals. It helps teachers not feel overwhelmed.
- Choosing the Title and Description based on audience and presentation location
- How to Become the Leader of Leaders in your School District?
- What is the role of the tech coach in the district?
- How does the district introduce the tech coach?
- What do you do if you are trying to be the one to push the district forward but nobody is looking to listen to you?
- How do you convince your administrator that you may know more about the topic at hand?
- Strategies for Working with Disruptive Teachers?
- If this is during a workshop or presentation, don’t let them hold up everyone else. Let them know you will work with them 1-1, or see if someone can help them while you go on. It’s a good idea to have a “helper” available.
- Let them know every expert was once a beginner
- Work with them where they are, raise the bar a little at a time
- How To Get Your Job Done But Stay out of Trouble?
- On the Next Episode
- December 3: How to Prepare for a Multi-Hour Presentation / WorkshopHow to give teachers more time to create
- How to break up your presentation into lecture/workstation segments
- When to lecture and when to demonstrate
- How to find natural stopping points for teacher play time
- What do you do if you realize you have the wrong presentation for the given audience
Download Our FREE Google Drawing Technology Self-Assessment!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
About our Guests
Claudio Zavala JR
Claudio currently works as an Instructional Technology Coordinator with Duncanville ISD in Duncanville, Texas. He’s an Adobe Education Leader, Flipgrid Ambassador, and a Participate Community Advisor. Claudio is passionate about fostering creativity in the classroom and using creation tools to enrich learning and experiences in the classroom. He is an experienced photographer, avid cinematographer, vlogger, musician and graphic designer.
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @ClaudioZavalaJr
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claudiozavalajr/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/iamclaudius
- Website: http://www.iamclaudius.com
Craig retired after 30 years as the District Director of Technology for Minot Public Schools (1985-2015) and 44 years in education. He is currently keeping busy as a Technology Integration Consultant, presenter and trainer/coach for school districts in North Dakota. He has a Masters and Specialist degrees in educational technology from NSULA in Natchitoches, LA.
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @cnansen
- Website: Craig’s Tech Resources
- Blog: Tech Talk with cnansen
- Shared Resources: http://bit.ly/cnansen_shared
Ryan Bradford is the Director of Technology and Integration for YPI Charter Schools in Los Angeles, CA. Ryan is passionate about having teachers use technology to enhance learning. Ryan believes that students should be using technology to innovate and create content. You can find out more about Ryan by visiting his website (mrbradfordonline.com).
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @mrbradfordtech
- Website: mrbradfordonline.com
Tech Tip of the Week
- Be passionate about your position and serve as a role model, encouraging creativity and listening and communicating effectively.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)