In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick dissect the dreaded “multi-hour workshop presentation” and provide key tips, tricks, and strategies for your next large conference workshop presentation or school based professional development day.
How to Prepare for a Multi-Hour Workshop
How to conceptualize a multi-hour presentation vs a standard hour presentation
- School workshops vs conference workshops
- Audience expectations
Lecture vs Workshop
- How much should you talk and how much should you engage?
- Does Think/Pair/Share work?
Choosing what platform to focus on (Google/Apple/Microsoft)
- How do you plan when you don’t know the platform?
Crafting the Perfect Intro
- Hooking teachers at the onset
- Show, tell, or let them do?
- Let them know what to expect during this workshop
Handouts vs downloadable templates
- Handouts are good if they are breaking something down
- Digital resources are easier to maintain/don’t get lost/easy to come back to
How to create a memorable ending?
- Something they can takeaway
- Group brainstorming session of ideas
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Tip of the Week
- When preparing for your workshop, it’s best to know your audience and understand their expectations.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)