In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick are joined by Tech Coaches Kerry Gallagher, Sadie Lewis, and Claudio Zavala Jr to recap the year that was 2018 and look ahead to the new year by sharing their edtech tips, tricks, and app requests for 2019.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 3 Apps You Want For The New Year
- Google Keep
- Create Collaborative Tasks and Lists
- Take Photos / Drawings and add them to other Google Apps quickly
- Voice Memo’s on Mobile Devices Sync with Desktop
- More visualization options
- Google Jamboard
- Ability to access Google Drive files from the Jamboard (physical)
- All in One Project Management Solution
- Create Projects, Tasks, & Integrate is with Google Calendar
- Manage Projects and People
- Desktop and Mobile Friendly
- Google Keep
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
About our Guests
Kerry is the Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning at St. John’s Prep in Danvers, Massachusetts where she leads the 1:1 iPad program, oversees the digital citizenship and digital learning initiatives, develops and implements the teacher induction and supervision program, and works with faculty and staff to promote optimal student learning among all students. She is also the Director of K12 Education for ConnectSafely.org, and internet safety non-profit in Palo Alto, California. An ASCD Emerging Leader, Future Ready Instructional Coach Thought Leader, Adobe Education Leader, EdSurge Columnist, and TEDx and keynote speaker; Kerry frequently presents at conferences and schools around the country about teaching and learning with technology, digital citizenship, media literacy and more. She can be found on social media @KerryHawk02.
Sadie is the Instructional Innovation Specialist in the Mehlville School District in St. Louis, Missouri. She works to design and develop professional development and supports around instructional technology and innovative teaching practices. She also supports teachers through coaching and co-planning, and modeling and co-teaching classes with them.
Claudio Zavala JR
Claudio currently works as an Instructional Technology Coordinator with Duncanville ISD in Duncanville, Texas. He’s an Adobe Education Leader, Flipgrid Ambassador and a Participate Community Advisor. Claudio is passionate about fostering creativity in the classroom and using creative tools to enrich learning and experiences in the classroom. He is an experienced photographer, avid cinematographer, vlogger, musician and graphic designer.
Follow on Social
- Twitter: @ClaudioZavalaJr
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claudiozavalajr/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/iamclaudius
- Website: http://www.iamclaudius.com
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)