5 Ways Instructional Coaches can Support Change in a School Building or District
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss the importance of not only identifying what school districts want their student and staff cultures to be but how to set up a successful roadmap to help everyone achieve their goals each year.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Can you Shift the Culture of your School District?
- Identifying school goals
- Strategic Plan (District Level)
- EdTech Integration Plan (Curricular Level)
- Tech Plan (Technology Level)
- Community Involvement (Township Level)
- Having a clear vision of what those goals are and how the district wants to achieve them.
- Creating a roadmap
- Involving all members of the school community
- Having a clear plan that is well communicated to all staff members and community member
- ss every decision leading back to the school goals?
- Communicate clearly and often
- Be honest but be transparent
- Highlight and Recognize Staff and Student Achievements
- Creating incentives for achieving those goals
- Build interconnectedness of staff (show their awesome)
- Badging (PD)
- Pineapple Program
- Certification Programs
- Student activities
- Creating opportunities for group activities outside of the traditional school day
- Movie Night
- Family Trips
- Happy Hour
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Nicholas Amaral | @NamaralEDU
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- As your school district begins the process of creating an EdTech Plan it’s important that you also redefine what you want the culture of your district to be. For this reason it’s important to have time away from the office for staff members to meet and interact with each other so they can become a team inside the office during the week.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!