5 Important “Systems” That Instructional Coaches Should Setup for their Coaching Programs
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss why it’s important for Tech Coaches to create systems for their various duties throughout the day that will help them do things just a bit faster.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Can We Create Systems for our Tech Coaching?
- What is a “System”?
- A way to document how something is done
- A tool that can be used to help you stay organized
- An opportunity to stay consistent
- What is a “System”?
- Why are Systems Important?
- Systems keep tech coaches moving faster and help you work with more teachers to effect change quicker
- What is an example of a System?
- Teacher Onboarding System
- Blog Writing System
- Podcast Producing System
- Newsletters and Emails
- Scheduling Appointments
- What could a system look like?
- A checklist
- Video tutorials
- A ticket system
- Gmail filters
- Great applications that help in creating systems
- 3 Things to think about when creating systems for Tech Coaching
- Think of something important (a task) that needs to get done … over and over
- Determine what type of system would work best to help automate that task
- Is there a different way of doing something so you don’t have to keep doing it?
- Free Downloadable Systems for Tech Coaches and Podcasters
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Nicholas Amaral | @NamaralEDU
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- No Tech Coach can be everywhere at every moment of the day. Many Tech Coaches are also full time teachers but are still responsible for working with other teachers in their building. For this reason, it’s imperative that Tech Coaches create systems to help them stay focused on what tasks they are being asked to do and do often.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!