In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss their favorite Chrome Extensions that every Tech Coach should have in their back pocket when working with teachers.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 5 Chrome Extensions Every Tech Coach Should Know About
- Grammarly is a powerful extension that tracks your writing online while giving you quality spelling, and grammar feedback. Grammarly also sends you a weekly progress chart letting you know how you stack against other Grammarly users and what you need to work on.
- Read and Write
- Read and Write is an easy-to-use swiss army knife of tools, providing students with ways to personalize the learning and teachers with ways to differentiate.
- Tools include: text-to-speech, highlighting, dictionaries, word prediction, speech-to-text, voice notes, and note collection. Free for teachers: https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/free-for-teachers/
- Free for teachers: https://www.texthelp.com/en-gb/company/education-blog/november-2017/equatio-is-now-free-for-teachers/
- Evernote Web Clipper
- Evernote web Clipper saves what you see online to your Evernote account, which is perfect for assigning tags to reading assignments, or conducting research online and keeping track of resources. Users can also highlight information they find online and share it out with others.
- GSuite Training
- The GSuite Training extension adds a 24/7 Tech Coach at the top of every teacher's Chrome browser. Are you frustrated by constantly asking extremely basic questions about how GSuite works? Install this amazing application and start innovating today!
- Google Keep
- The Google Keep extension lets you save notes you take while browsing the web to your Google Keep where you can access them anytime anywhere. The extension saves the URL instantly and can be added to labels you have created, helping keep track of resources when conducted research online.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: What are YOUR favorite Chrome Extensions that, as a tech coach, you can’t live without?
Tech Tip of the Week
- Quite often a teacher comes to you asking a “how do I do this” type of question and more often than not, the answer is some sort of Chrome Extension. This is why we have a great list of 40 Chrome Extensions that Tech Coaches Should Know About for FREE to download today!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)