Keeping Professional Development Alive … AFTER the Conference is Over
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Tech Coaches Susan Vincentz and Claudio Zavala Jr to discuss the role of the Tech Coach at professional development conferences, the creation and implementation of online learning modules, and our favorite Chrome Extensions.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tech Coaching at a Professional Development Conference
- What topics do Tech Coaches look for?
- What topics should Tech Coaches be teaching?
- Keeping Professional Development alive in the district as the summer approaches
- How to build effective online professional development?
- Best Applications to use
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Nicholas Amaral | @NamaralEDU
About our Guests
Susan Vincentz is a 20 year educator having taught in the classroom at the elementary level, served as a library media specialist and has served as a tech coach for 11 years. Her current coaching role is as a K-12 Technology Integration Specialist at Christian Academy School System in Louisville, Kentucky. Susan is a Google Certified Trainer and finds passion in teaching teachers how use Google to stay organized and work more efficiently. Susan has also served as a past president of KySTE, the Kentucky Society for Technology in Education where she has helped plan the state conference and professional development opportunities for teachers across the state.
Social Links (bullet points)
- Blog: Tech Imaginations – http://techimaginations.net
- Twitter: @sv314dws
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCapsLfjrcLov8bJeZgB3uxg?view_as=subscriber
Claudio Zavala Jr
Claudio Zavala Jr. has been in education for over 20 years as an educator and edtech trainer. He is an edtech coordinator and consultant based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area who passionate about fostering creativity in the classroom and using creation tools to enrich learning experiences in the classroom. He’s an Adobe Education Leader, Alpha Squirrels, Flipgrid Ambassador, Google Certified Educator and a Participate Community Advisor.
- Twitter: @ClaudioZavalaJr
- Instagram: @ClaudioZavalaJr
- Blog: www.iamclaudius.com
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/iamclaudius
Tech Tip of the Week
- It’s great to be able to get out of the classroom to attend professional development conferences. Where local conferences are a good place to start, it’s also important to try to attend larger regional conferences such as FETC or ISTE to see what is happening on a national level.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!