In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with Jeni Long and Sallee Clark to discuss how they are using Microsoft Teams and Microsoft OneNote as professional development tools in their classroom.
If you are looking for more information on how to incorporate Microsoft Applications in your school district, please visit our Microsoft EDU blog posts and podcasts today!
- Tech Coach MastermindJoin the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Do You Have a Question For Us?www.TeacherCast.net/VoiceMail
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- Creating Professional Development using Microsoft Teams and OneNoteShould we focus on Tech or on Teachers?
- Microsoft TeamsWhat is it? Platform for the organization, connecting with others, collaboration, & learning. The more we have used it, the more we see it as a platform for true collaboration. It has some aspects of an LMS like assignments, rubrics, speed grader, but offers so much more with OneNote, app integration, and Skype.
- How does it work?Sign in through your free Office 365 account
- Invite members or guests with emails or give a join code
- There are channels within the team for easy navigation and organization. c
- Guest Access Available
- What can we do with it?Global PLN – OneNote, Skype, Flipgrid, ongoing global communication with conversations
- Teacher PLC – OneNote, Skype, conversations, shared files
- How can students use it?
- Microsoft OneNoteWhat is it? One stop shop for all things – digital files, videos, audio, links, etc
- How does it work?
- What can we do with it?
- How can students use it?
- The MIE programWhat is it?
- How do you join?April 15- July 15 announced in Aug
- Working with the Microsoft EDU family
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
About our Guests
Jeni Long and Sallee Clark are Instructional Technologists with Eagle Mountain Saginaw ISD. This dynamic duo, known as #Jenallee, is passionate about technology integration and making learning accessible & fun for all! Between the two of them, they have presented across the 26 schools in their district, at their Regional Education Service Center, FETC, TCEA, TCEA for Tots, & Central America. They are both MIE Experts, MIE Trainers, and Flipgrid Ambassadors.
Jeni has served in education for 20 years as a 6th grade Math Teacher, 7-12 ELA Curriculum Specialist, Technology Integration Specialist, and a Science Curriculum Specialist.
Sallee has served in education for 14 years as a Pre-Kindergarten teacher, Elementary Librarian, K-12 District Librarian, & Instructional Technologist.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- https://bit.ly/2XwWjVI – Teams global PLN
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)