In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick sit down with Michael Cohen, Matt Miller, and Chris Aviles to discuss their top branding strategies for educators.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How and Why to Build an Educational Brand
- Is it important to have a branded identity?
- What goes into creating a recognizable brand?
- The importance of a website in branding.
- Content Creation Strategy
- Favorite ApplicationsWebsiteWordPress
- GraphicsAdobe Photoshop
- Adobe Spark
- Adobe Rush
- Camera App
- Social MediaBuffer – Social Media Scheduling
- StrategiesHave something to give away (PDF) through a newsletter/mailing listMailchimp
- How to approach conferences/conventions
- Being recognizable on the outside and a teacher on the inside
- On the Next Episode
- Ep44: Schoology: Standards-Based Grading
40 Chrome Extensions Every Tech Coach Should Know
About our Guests
Chris Aviles is a teacher at Knollwood middle school in the Fair Haven school district in Fair Haven, New Jersey where he runs the renown Fair Haven Innovates program he created in 2015.
Links of Interest
Matt Miller is a career Spanish teacher turned speaker, blogger and author of Ditch That Textbook. Through blog posts, books, videos, podcasts, and other resources, he empowers teachers to teach with less reliance on the textbook through technology, creativity and innovation.
Links of Interest
- Blog: DitchThatTextbook.com / FREE ebook: DitchThatTextbook.com/101
- Twitter: @jmattmiller
- Facebook: facebook.com/ditchthattextbook
- YouTube: youtube.com/ditchthattextbook
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/ditchthattxt
Michael Cohen, The Tech Rabbi, is a designer, educator and creativity instigator. His mission is to help educators around the world reveal their own creative abilities so they can empower students to solve interesting problems and become positive contributors to our global society. He is the author of the book Educated By Design, which outlines his principles for revealing and nurturing our innate creative courage and capacity. He is a national keynote speaker, advisor, and trainer. When he isn’t traveling the world sharing his message, he serves as the director of innovation for Yeshiva University of Los Angeles Boys School (YULA) and creator of the Schlesinger STEAM and Entrepreneurship Center.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)