In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at the important period of time that happens after a major PD Session and discuss several things that a Tech Coach can do to engage their teachers both in large, medium, and small group settings.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- Standards-Based Activities
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How Can We Support Our Teachers After Your Big PD Session?
- Creating specific examples and templates and emailing them to teachersGoogle Slides
- Google Sites
- Lunch and Learns or follow-up workshops/sessions to address specific skills. Keep it short and sweet.Never hold a lunch and learn in the breakroom
- Focus on a conversation not just on Tech
- Get your ideas from the questions that teachers are asking you throughout the week
- Feed them!
- Rotate Classrooms
- Check-in (how are they doing? How can you help)Show up with something useful
- Build on skills during the conversation that they don’t know they need to learn
- “Can I show your kids something real quick?”
- Coach or facilitate a trial run. Rinse and repeat.
- Share your success with your administrative team to plan additional large
- On the Next Episode
- April 15: How to create a Crib Sheet or Template for Teachers
- April 22: How to create the perfect Lunch and Learns
- April 29: Tech Coach Round Table
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- The goal of a professional development session should never be seen or planned as a one-off event. It should always be looked at as the introduction to several interactions with staff members for the next few weeks.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)