In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick discuss 10 Tips and Tricks for running Lunch and Learns in our schools.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- People reached out about us sharing examples of crib sheets.
- Appreciated the nuanced approach to how we put ours together.
- A nice way that encapsulates the extra resources for teachers so they can rehash and learn on their own time.
- Build Your EDU Brand Online Course
- FREE Email CourseSelecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How To Effectively Use Lunch & Learns As Professional Development
- Are Lunch and Learns Effective?
- When are Lunch and Learns Effective?
- Tips for Lunch and LearnsNever hold them in the Teachers Lunch Room
- Try to Rotate the Location
- Use them mostly as conversation with a little bit of tech
- Focus on a skill.
- Don’t show up expecting to show off
- Food is Fantastic … keep it healthy
- Use Lunch and Learns to build from previous PD Day topics or to enhance things that you are seeing in the class.
- Don’t ask teachers to present on the spot
- Focus on one small thing … that they can try then and there.
- Spread the word during the week as you visit classrooms
- BONUS: Poll Your Audience for Weekly Topics
- On the Next Episode
- May 6: Are you an Edtech Coach … or an EdTechnician?
- May 13: How do different schools approach the Tech Coach position differently?
- May 20: What do you do when every excuse is true
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- While we often try to do “Lunch and Learns,” it’s more important that Tech Coaches think of these as networking opportunities that can then lead into working with teachers in the classroom.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)