In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Nick take a look at some of the Do's and Don'ts of being a Tech Coach. For many of us, we are seen as a content specialist who helps teachers in their classrooms but often, we are asked to perform tasks that are more appropriate for the IT department.
What do you do?
Do you have any thoughts on this topic? We would love to have you share your thoughts on this subject. Please reach out to us on Twitter @AskTheTechCoach today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Build Your EDU Brand Online Course
- FREE Email CourseSelecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- Are you an Edtech Coach or an EdTechnician?
- How do you train your teachers on who to contact when something happens.
- What should an EdTech Coach be doing every day?Working with teachers in the classroom
- Be an open resource/available for teachers to swing by
- Making connections and networking
- Having meetings with administration
- Taking mental notes on what happens in classrooms
- Test tech to be utilized in the classroom/foster best practices
- What shouldn’t an EdTech Coach be doing every day?Break/fix
- IT work
- Shouldn’t BE the teacher in the room
- The relationship between the Tech Department and the EdTech DepartmentRelay for various problems that might come up during the day
- Advocate for classroom teachers
- An Explainer of technical issues
- On the Next Episode
- May 13: How do different schools approach the Tech Coach position differently?
- May 20: What do you do when every excuse is true
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)