In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Claudio Zavala Jr on the show to discuss 5 Things a Tech Coach can do to develop their own personalized professional development strategy.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- ISTE 2019: Tech Coach Workshop
- Saturday, June 23: [12:30]3 – Hour Hands-On Workshop
- A chance to meet other Tech Coaches
- How to start the year off as a new tech coach
- How to build relationships with your teachers and administrators
- How to build an EdTech Integration Plan for your school district
- Where to find support and resources during the school year
- Discount on the 2019 Tech Coach Mastermind Program
- Tech Coach MastermindJoin the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Build Your EDU Brand Online CourseFREE Email CourseSelecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- Do You Have a Question For Us?www.TeacherCast.net/VoiceMail
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- What Do Tech Coaches Do To Satisfy Their Own Professional Development?Why is it important for Tech Coaches to keep up with Professional Development?
- Is Twitter an acceptable form of Professional Learning for Tech Coaches?
- How can Tech Coaches get the PD they need during the school year if they are constantly being asked to provide the PD
- 5 Things Tech Coaches can do to engage in professional learningAttend Conferences & present Edcamp’s
- ISTE Creative Constructor Lab
- Support local conferences (TCEA for me)
- Engage other Tech CoachesOnline Twitter Conversations
- Google Groups
- Face to Face meetings
- Start a Blog or Podcast or YouTubePersonalized Professional Development
- Write a bookThis is a long term goal
- Share expertise
- Meet UpsThe idea stems from photo group
- What can school districts do to support higher level PD for Tech Coaches?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Tech Tip of the Week
- Tech Coaches and Professional Development specialists are often the ones called upon to be the master encyclopedias of 21st-century learning, but it’s also important to remember that Tech Coaches need professional development themselves … often at a much higher level. It’s important that we support all learning styles in our school district as well as skill levels.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!