Are you a Technology Coach working on extensive summertime professional development for teachers who don't want to attend your sessions and if they do, aren't fully involved in the activities? In this episode of Ask the Tech Coach, we share our tips and tricks for creating a culture for summertime digital learning.
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Build Your EDU Brand Online CourseFREE Email CourseSelecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- ISTE 2019 SessionsSaturday [8:30] – TeacherCast Educational Podcasting Workshop (3hr)
- Saturday [12:30] – Tech Coaching Workshop (3hr)
- Monday [2:30] – TeacherCast Podcasting Sessions (1hr)
- Do You Have a Question For Us?www.TeacherCast.net/VoiceMail
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How to to Survive the End of the Year Staff Pd Days
- Should schools offer end of the year staff development days?
- Should schools offer summer PD or Bootcamp style events?
- Should these types of activities be seperate or incorporated into the beginning of the year activities that are mandatory for all staff members?
- What Should You Do on Staff Pd DaysTry that tech thing that’s been on your bucket list….something fun.
- Mystery Skype or Geoguessr
- Google Keep
- Something that is going to change your life in school and out
- Google Photos
- Google Certification
- Divide and conquer work – Each teacher takes a Science Chapter/Unit and create a Google Form for it, then share out.
- What Should You Not Do on Staff Pd DaysJust like spaced instruction think spaced PD.
- Don’t introduce staff to something new without a planned following up meeting.
- Do not force teachers to all work on the same topic/skill – Choice is in
- How do you handle staff that are “supposed to attend PD? … but don’t?
- Planning for Summer PD Days
- How to get teachers to attend PD?
- $$ vs non $$
- Traditional vs Innovative
- Advice for Tech Coaches who are currently creating Summer PD
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Nicholas Amaral | @NamaralEDU
- James Gosser | @Jim_Gosser
- Jeanmarie McGinley | @jm_edcoach
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- As the summer starts to get closer, many Tech Coaches are planning the end of the year or summertime PD for their staff members. It’s often a struggle to get teachers to attend when they aren’t contracted to or when there isn’t a strong incentive. Always remember that attendance and acceptance of summer PD is a personal choice for the teacher and should never be taken personally by the Tech Coach.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)