In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with Tom Mullany to discuss how Tech Coaches can use Google Sites to create great looking websites. For the last 4 years, Google Sites have been transforming the way that digital lessons are presented in classrooms and along with Google Classroom making up a 21st Century digital learning environment.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- 1:1 Coachings with Jeff and Nick
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Payment Discounts2 Month Promo Code: 50
- 6 Month Promo Code: 100
- 12 Month Promo Code: 150
- Build Your EDU Brand Online CourseFREE Email CourseSelecting Your Avatar
- Content Creation Tips & Tricks
- Website Strategy
- How to build a newsletter
- And more …
- Do You Have a Question For Us?www.TeacherCast.net/VoiceMail
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reinventing the Teacher Website Using Google SitesLooking at Traditional Teacher Web Pages
- What Do Traditional Teacher Websites Look Like?
- How Do They Function Throughout the School Year?
- Why Do Teachers Create Web Pages That Aren’t Useable and Never Updated?
- Website Applications for EducatorsWeebly
- Google Sites
- Using Google Sites as a Classroom WebsiteWhat Are Google Sites?
- Why Are They Useful for Educators?
- What Can You Do With Google Sites?
- Google Sites Basic Functions
- Google Sites for Advanced Users
- Websites That Can Be Used With Google SitesTimeline.js (creating Timelines)
- Canva (embedding Graphics)
- Awesome Table (visual Spreadsheets)
- What Can We Imagine Google Sites to Be … Other Than a Web SiteYoutube Playlist
- Musical Program During Concerts
- On the Next EpisodeEpisode 54: ISTE 2019 for Tech Coaches
About our Guest: Tom Mullaney
Tom Mullaney is the Digital Learning Coach at Carroll Middle School in Raleigh, NC. He is dedicated to making school engaging for students and sustainable for teachers. Tom’s public education experience includes Special Education, Social Studies, educational technology coaching, and digital design in New York, Pennsylvania, California, and North Carolina. He is a Google for Education Certified Innovator and Trainer who has spoken at national conferences including SXSW EDU, the National Council for the Social Studies, and ISTE. Tom contributes to the BamRadio Network EdWords blog. Watch Tom’s YouTube videos on Google for Education’s First Day of Jamboard website and use his TED-Ed lesson to teach your students about the French Revolution. Contact him on Twitter, @TomEMullaney.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Let’s Raise Our Google Sites Game – Part 1: Design
- Let’s Raise Our Google Sites Game – Part 2: Embeds
- Colorzilla Google Chrome Extension
- Crash Course US History YouTube Playlist
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together