In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Suzana Somers, a Tech Coach from Massachusetts on the podcast to discuss 3 important things that every tech coach should be doing just as July turns into August. If you have a summer routine, we would love to have you contact us on Twitter @AskTheTechCoach and share with us what you have been up to this summer and how you are preparing for the upcoming school year.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 Things You Should Be Doing Before The School Year Kicks OffGetting OrganizedUpdate WebsiteWhat can we add to the website based on questions that we often receive
- How to create links rather than fulfill a need of constantly emailing information
- Creating a resource bank based on school goals and initiatives
- Leveraging Social Media for easy curation
- Change the Year (Find & Replace)
- Set up your routinesReflect on your past routines
- Google Forms / Sheets
- Check your Docs and Drive Folders
- Update Version History
- PD PlanningGather PD from summer with actionable plans
- Sync up with stakeholders to align goals
- Go through toolkit of resources and reevaluate tools (new purposes/new features)
- Having Meaningful Conversation With Administrators “Tech Checks”What are their goals for the year?
- What did they feel went good/bad last year?
- How can you work together to support teachers?
- How do we communicate about teachers who are struggling without breaking the teacher/coach relationship?
- Sync up with all leaders in the school (team leaders as well)
- Updating PresentationsKeep updated on what is new with your favorite apps
- Make sure that your screenshots are accurate
- Add any new features that might have come out
- Rethink your Intros to reflect the latest and greatest
- Ell/sped look at the tool from different perspectives
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- It’s often said that for educators, July can be thought of as a gigantic Saturday while August can be thought of as a giant Sunday. As the calendar moves this week from Saturday to Sunday, we should start to think ahead to what we need to do to start the school year off on the right track.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!