In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” we take a look at the professional relationships we have with our students, teachers, and communities. For many Tech Coaches, we think about our jobs as “in-class support” but so much of what we do is supporting what happens outside of the classroom walls.
If you are a Tech Coach looking to learn about Public Relations this is a great show to listen to. My guest today is Assistant Principal Joshua Stamper from the Aspire Podcast who gives some insight on what the Tech Coach position is from the other side of the administrator's desk.
Please follow us on Twitter @AskTheTechCoach and share your thoughts on this topic today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- What do Administrators want out of their Tech Coach relationships
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How To Build A Tech Coach Brand In Your Community
- Working with StudentsRun a Technology Club
- MakerSpace Club (Maker Mornings)
- Student Genius Bar
- Help Students Create Video Tutorials
- Working with TeachersHelp improve school functionsAthletics
- Art Shows
- STEM Events
- Working with ParentsParents Training Website
- Chromebook Training Night
- Building a Community Tech Newsletter
- On the Next Episode
- Forming a Great Relationship With Your Student Population as a Tech Coach
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Tech Tip of the Week
- As a Tech Coach, we wear many many hats. Some of them we wear in the classroom and some of them we wear out of the classroom. It’s always important to remember that our positions were created to help move not just the students, but the communities into their digital futures and it’s important for us to be able to make ourselves available not just to our teachers, but to our students and parents as well.
About our Cohost Josh Stamper
Joshua Stamper is a middle school Assistant Principal for a North Texas School District, where he's had the amazing opportunity to work at four campuses, two districts, and with hundreds of students, teachers, and administrators. Prior to Joshua's current position, he was a classroom educator and athletic coach for 6 years working with students in grades 6-8.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)