In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Ohio Tech Coach Alex Oris on the program to discuss why it's important for Tech Coaches to create an effictive and efficient workflow for themselves. For so many Tech Coaches, the days are long and often a bit crazy. But there are a few things that you can do to keep yourself on track each day.
Today's episode is brought to you by the Tech Coach Mastermind Program. Join us this week for our next meeting and learn how you can take your Tech Coaching program to the next level!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections from Last Week
- Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
- Do You Have a Question For Us?
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
- How To Become An Effective & Efficient Tech Coach?Get Organized … Stay OrganizedThink both Micro and Macro
- Know where you are and where you are going
- Find Apps that are Multi-PlatformGoogle Calendar
- Gmail- Boomerang
- Google Forms
- Share Your VisionHelp teachers understand where the school is headed in the future
- Cite National and State Standards
- Be Open and HonestRelationships and Trust are key for building a rapport with your staff
- Teachers and Administrators will ask you for your opinion, and for good reason! Avoid telling them what they want to hear, but instead what you know is right.
- Don’t be afraid to stop and gather your thoughtsKeeping good notes means reorganizing good notes
- Keep asking questions to your educational leaders to make sure you are on task with their vision of digital learning
- Have a guiding document that keeps you on task that everyone can agree on.Strategic Plan
- Technology Integration Plan
- EdTech Integration Plan
- On the Next Episode
- Ep64: What is an Edtech Integration Plan
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Alex Oris | @mrORIStechAlex Oris is a Google for Education Certified Trainer and has been Technology Integration Specialist for Cuyahoga Falls City Schools in Ohio since 2015. He uses various online resources and technological strategies to engage his learners with authentic lessons, and continuously provides support and professional development to teachers. While at Cuyahoga Falls, he has organized and presented at district level professional development edtech mini-conferences and breakout sessions, and taught graduate-level courses for staff. Previously, he taught sixth-grade mathematics for eleven years at Grand Valley Middle School in Orwell, Ohio and is a double graduate from Kent State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Middle Childhood Education and a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology. His previous professional presentations include ITIP Ohio Google Summit (2017, 18, 19), WVIZ ideastream (2018), and NEOtech (2017, 18, 19), as well as being selected as an OETC 2018 session reviewer, and has appeared on the Educational Duct Tape Podcast, the Teach Better Talk podcast, and the Get Inspired and Innovate podcast.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Google Calendar and Tasks
- Gmail add-on Boomerang
- Google Forms
- Sheets add-on FormMule
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- When it comes to the busy work week, it’s important for Tech Coaches to not only have a clear plan of attack each week. For this reason today we are going to be looking at a variety of ways that Tech Coaches can keep and stay organized both digitally and physically to make sure they are helping as many of their fellow staff members as possible.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!