In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff unpacks the key steps needed to begin planning your school district's Educational Technology Integration Plan. In this episode, you will learn why it’s important to not only clearly define your scope and sequence for creating a digital classroom but also why it’s important to give your teachers yearly benchmarks that will effectively meet the ISTE standards.
If this topic is new to you, I would like to suggest that you also listen to Episode 64 where we first introduce the concept of EdTech Integration Plans and how they are created in response to your school district's Strategic Plan.
If you are a Tech Coach or are in a Professional Development role in your district, I invite you to check out our Tech Coach Mastermind Program which is designed to provide you the tools and guidance needed to create a successful digital learning platform in your district.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Have you as a Tech Coach looked at your district's Strategic Plan and really understood how many of your district goals fall on your shoulders?
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How To Plan Your EdTech Integration Plan … Effectively
What is an EdTech Integration Plan?
The Importance of Planning To Plan
- Having conversations with your staff about what they see in the classrooms and what is being taught to students.
- Speak with other school districts about how they are developing their digital learning plans and how they are integrating their Tech Coaches into the conversations.
Gathering Your Resources
- Strategic Plan
- Technology Plan
- Teachers / Administrators / Tech Coaches
Start By Asking The Difficult Questions
- How do we define “Digital Learning”
- How are students being taught in the classroom?
- Are teachers comfortable teaching in a Digital Classroom?
- Are we properly supporting teachers in their digital classrooms?Technology
- Professional Development
- Understanding of Difficulties
- Celebrating their Accomplishments and Failures
Unpacking the ISTE Standards
- Standards for Students
- Standards for Teachers
- Standards for Administrators
- Standards for Coaches
Defining our Verticals
- What do we want students to learn by specific grades
- Remember to work backward
- Listen to what your teachers complain about
Start With Students … End With Students
- The focus of your EdTech Integration Plan is to remember that it’s a document that will not only declare what students will be learning during the year, but how they will be learning and how the Tech Coach will be interacting with that learning to lead the drive towards a digital learning environment.
- Episode 66: How To Include Your Teachers On Your Professional Development Plan
- Episode 67: The Importance of Having School District Buy-In With Your EdTech Integration Plan
- Episode 68: What Happens After You Draft Your EdTech Integration Plan
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!