In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff takes a look at several reasons why it's important for our teachers to be involved in their professional learning decisions. For so many teachers, they are told when to show up for PD sessions and given not much else in terms of a vision or professional roadmap. Because of this, Professional Development for many is simply meaningless.
However, once a vision and a school or districtwide roadmap are put in front of teachers, they can then begin to understand the value of their professional experiences and begin to formulate a reason to take part in their experiences into their classrooms to implement new learnings into their lessons.
Today's episode is brought to you by the Tech Coach Mastermind Program. Sign up today for a chance to explore Tech Coaching from an entirely new vision with tons of digital resources and monthly meetings with dozens of Tech Coaches from around the country. Sign up today at www.TeacherCast.net/Mastermind.
Reflections from Last Week
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How To Involve Your Teachers In The Digital Learning Process
- Teacher surveysFormal vs informal
- Google forms
- Weekly newslettersUse google analytics to see what teachers click on
- Focus newsletters on practical & professional topics
- Invite teachers to lead pd sessionsBuild your rockstars
- Spend time helping out in the classroomAsk to teach a class even when your teachers aren’t looking for help
- Have meaningful conversationsAlways remember that small talk can lead to something great
- Episode 67: The Importance of Having School District Buy-In With Your EdTech Integration Plan
- Episode 68: What Happens After You Draft Your EdTech Integration Plan
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!