In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with New Jersey Tech Coach Eric Guise to talk about the importance of Tech Coaches focusing on the function rather than the application. For many Tech Coaches, they are often in a position of wanting to push a specific app because it's the latest and greatest. However, for many teachers, these new and exciting applications aren't household names and it's often scary to think about introducing something new.
So what is the solution?
Rather than pushing an application such as Flipgrid, it's best to push the concept of “what do you want your students to be able to do?” and THEN work in a conversation about a fantastic application that can meet all of their classroom needs for free.
In today's episode, we take you through several scenarios where teachers might ask a Tech Coach about a specific function or classroom activity and provide several great solutions for how to help that teacher bring technology into their lessons.
When Technology Teams plan for technology integration, it is crucial to think about how teachers will manage student device distractions during class. Dyknow’s classroom management software empowers teachers to teach with technology by enabling real-time visibility of student activity to identify off-task behavior and redirect that behavior with blocking or messaging.
Additionally, Dyknow enables teachers to create blocking plans, facilitate formative assessments, and view student history after class. Dyknow defeats device distractions so you have the confidence that your time and investment in learning technology is reaching its full potential. Help empower your teachers to embrace technology integration knowing that their students are on-task during class with Dyknow. Learn more at www.dyknow.com.
Reflections from Last Week
- The Importance of Having School District Buy-In With Your EdTech Integration Plan
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Applications That Encourage Tech Integration
- Define what tech integration is for staff members
- I want my students to be:CommunicatorsGoogle Classroom
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Google Docs / Microsoft Word
- WakeletPurdue Owl
- NC Chapel Hill
- Video ProducersScreencastify / ScreenCast-o-matic
- Safe on Social MediaTweetDeck
- Tic Toc
- Graphic ArtistsGoogle Drawings / Slides
- Pablo Extension
- Digitally OrganizedWakelet
- New Google Sites
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Introducing Dyknow: A Complete Solution for Tech Integration
Subscribe to the GotTeched Podcast
- GotTechED the Podcast was created in 2018 by Nick Johnson and Eric Guise with one, singular goal: to provide quality, tech-centric professional development (PD) to busy teachers on the move. We do the research so you can spend more time focusing on teaching! Follow on Twitter @WeGotTeched
Follow Ask the Tech Coach Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!