In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Pennsylvania educator Matt Friedman to discuss 4 Ways For Tech Coaches to Tech Coach At Tech Conferences.
We are also excited to share our updated subscription links with you over at www.TeacherCast.net/Subscribe. Check out the podcast today!
Did You Know We Have A New Place To Listen To The Podcast?
Check out Ask the Tech Coach on these new locations
Tech Coach Tip of the Week
- When attending conferences such as FETC, TCEA, or even ISTE it’s important to wear multiple hats. As a Tech Coach representing your district, you should keep your eyes open for what will be useful with your teachers. As a Connected Educator, you should be reaching out to network with other Tech Coaches. Most importantly, you are going to the conference to learn how to be a better professional development provider so take advantage of everything that you have access to while at the conference.
How To Tech Coach At A Tech Conference
Make a list of sessions you wish to attend and add it to your Calendar
- Add sessions that are both Tech Coach focused as well as sessions that might benefit your district and teachers
- Attend sessions of “rockstar educators” to learn how others present both workshops and lecture sessions
- Talk to your Administrators about what will be happening and what type of recon you could be doing for the district-let them know you are going to the conference
Prepare to do a TON of Networking-social media, face to face
- Do your homework before you go
- Hangout near the Press Room, Bloggers Cafe, and walk the vendor floor
- Use an App such as Evernote to take notes during the conference.
- Notes can be video, audio, or written
- Crowdsource your note-taking with others in the session or at the conference
- If you can’t attend a session, seek out the presenter links from the conference website
After the Conference- Pay it forward with staff
- Connect with presenters
- Create Twitter Lists
- Share your curated resources
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Matt Friedman | @mfriedmanPGH
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!