This weeks question came from a middle school science teacher who asked the question
“Do you have any good recommendations on virtual tours of body systems, dissections, etc?”
There are a plethora of app and websites teachers can use for analyzing human anatomy and/or participating in dissections. Some of the favorites are:
- Virtual Frog Dissection– This program allows you to watch videos about the steps and the tools of a frog dissection.
- Froguts– This is an amazing tool for schools. There is a cost associated with it but if your school/district requires an alternative to live dissections this may be the tool for you.
- Salmon Dissection– This website allows students to use the tools to dissect a salmon. You can use scalpels, tweezers and more.
There are a plethora of free apps you can use by searching the app store. Make sure the dissection app is for students in K-12 education and not for college courses.
- Build-A-BodyStudents can use build-a-body to build the human body using interactive elements in each of the body systems. Each of the systems will provide facts about the systems.
- Zygote BodyOne of my favorite tools I recommend to science teachers is Zygotebody. This website allows students to look at different body systems. This website allows you to look at the details of the human body through 3-D images. The free version is a great starting point for teachers using laptops or Chromebooks.
- Daqri-4DIf you’re really looking to wow student’s, make sure to check out Daqri4D studio . According to Drew Minock: “Anatomy 4D allows students to explore the human anatomy in a meaningful and exciting new medium. It is extremely powerful to see your heartbeat in real time using the heart target and a Bluetooth smart heart monitor. Just link the heart monitor to your device and fire up the heart experience. You’ll see your heartbeat in the top right corner.”
If you have a tool that you use, please let us know at #AsktheTechCoach.
What do you think educators?
On this episode of Ask The Tech Coach, we examine some of the most popular apps for teaching dissection and anatomy. Join Jeff and Rob as we discuss this hot topic of digital learning. What does that mean??? Hit the play button and check it out today! Don’t forget to subscribe to us in iTunes.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?