In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff, Susan, and Matt discuss they have helped districts and teachers prepare for school closures in the wake of COVID-19.
In this episode, we discuss:
Reflections from Last Week:
- In last week’s episode we talked about the many questions surrounding distance learning including how to approach the idea as well as logistical consideration to think about surrounding teacher work hours, etc.
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How do Tech Coaches support each other during this new time of learning during school closures?
Cleaning Suggestion from Promethean:
- Ethanol Alcohol based solution to wipe down the board,
- Go find recommended cleaning procedures for any device from any manufacturer
- Go out and Google best way to clean to alleviate voiding warranties.
Supporting Each Other As Tech Coaches
- PLN Sharing
- Make your force larger by banning together. Does your state support you in bringing district coaches together for collaboration/sharing?
- Though coming across in your own voice to your teachers is important, during this time of implementing distance learning, don’t reinvent the wheel. If someone has a video or instruction sheet that works, use it if they have given permission.
- Reach out to your teachers, find out what they need from day to day
- Setup meetings as needed by what means you have available
- Don’t get bogged down and “wowed” by TOO many resources, find one or two that work well for your teachers and encourage them to run with it.
- Any group of students in a Google Classroom is a Google Group – Don’t forget the group is automatically there when class is created
- From Promethean – sharing available resources to users, what are those quick and easy points that will get teachers up and going.
- Find ways to record the content
- Encourage structure and access needed
- Getting support and message out to teachers with Promethean products, etc.
- Empowerment/Fully Immersed PD because they are having to use resources externally and use what they have been learning.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @SV314dws
- Matt Barfield | @MattBarfield00
About our Guest Matt Barfield
Matt Barfield graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a degree in Elementary Education and worked 9 years in a rural district in NC. After finding a love of working with teachers in his district, Matt ventured outside of his school district and began to work in the professional development field across the Carolinas. For over ten years, Matt has been working with Promethean, Inc. to help teachers integrate instructional technology in the classroom. Matt is a father, a husband, a teacher, an instructional technology integrator, an Apple Distinguished Educator, and a professional development guru for Promethean, Inc.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter