In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff, Susan, and Melissa discuss ways tech coaches can meet the needs of teachers during digital learning days when we are not able to be face to face. How do we coach from a distance?
In this episode, we discuss:
Reflections from Last Week:
- Last we discussed how our districts and schools have mobilized a digital/eLearning plan and gotten it off the ground in a matter of a few days.
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
5 Ways To Work With Teachers During Digital Learning Days
Weekly Emails To Teachers
- Stay In Contact With Administrators
- Schedule weekly meetings with your admins
- Stay in contact with other tech coaches
Digital Learning Websites
- Create one, but don’t overwhelm teachers by giving them EVERYTHING all at once.
- Create it as you go with resources added at the point of need
- Start with the “S” in SAMR
- Substitute current lessons for digital lessons
- Baby steps … teachers aren’t ready for this transition yet
- Less technology is MORE in this circumstance
- Remember that we are in this for the long haul … always provide a game plan with long and short term goals
- Invite teachers to meet by subject or grade level
- Have templates ready to share that will fit teachers of all styles and learning curves
Become a Teacher in their Google Classroom
- Join other teachers Google Classrooms so that you can help troubleshoot anything needed
- Know what your teachers are doing so that you can guide them into more advanced lessons as Distant Learning Days progress
Create Universal Templates
- Don’t overwhelm yourself creating every little thing for every teacher
- What apps can be used for multiple subjects and topics?
- What apps can you use over and over to help teachers feel comfortable once we get back into school
- Choice Boards / Learning Menus that they can fill in with their own activities for their content area
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @SV314dws
- Melissa Summerford @SummerfordStars
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter