In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff, Melissa and Jon discuss how EdTech Companies are offering their applications and services free of charge to school districts to support them during Distance Learning Days.
In this episode, we discuss:
Tech Coach Roundtable
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How Can Our Students And Teachers Take Advantage Of Free EdTech Apps During Social Learning Days?
- This is a great opportunity to try out some new tools but keep these things in mind:
- Look for tools that give students the opportunity for Choice, Ownership, Voice, and Authentic Learning opportunities (COVA)
- Be aware of privacy issues … like uploading student data
- Make sure that it aligns with district policy and curriculum
- Take advantage of Facebook groups. Educators are sharing templates and activities that you can make a copy and edit to fit your curriculum needs.
- Not so Wimpy Teachers
- Teachers using Google Classroom
- Teachers using Google Suite for Education
- Twitter: #remotelearning
- Book Creator Teachers
- Don’t get overwhelmed…start slow
- Start with tools that students are familiar with
- Make a collection of what you see by saving the link. (Wakelet, Google Keep)
- Start small until you get acclimated to distance learning.
- Simple can be powerful
- Take help if it’s offered
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @SV314dws
- Melissa Summerford @SummerfordStars
About our Guest: Book Creator
Book Creator is an amazing online application for creating online publications.
@bookcreatorapp on Twitter and Instagram
About our Guest: John Smith
Jon Smith is currently the Teacher Success Manager for Book Creator and an Apple Distinguished Educator class of 2015. Jon was a special education teacher for 12 years before spending the last 7 years as a Technology Integration Specialist for Alliance City Schools where his digital book projects have attracted attention for their global reach and practical approaches to integrating transliteracy practices into the classroom. Jon recently organized nine global digital book projects in which classrooms from around the world wrote and published digital books. He is married with 3 children. Jon is a scratch golfer. In his spare time, he teaches a graduate course on engaging technologies for The Communicate Institute. You can connect with Jon on Twitter @theipodteacher
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter