In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan talk about using lessons learned from the school year to design effective summertime professional development.
3 Things School Districts Should Focus On During Summertime Professional Development
Start with the Basics and Build From There
- What was already in place that new teachers may not have been fully aware of?
- What was in place that your teachers may need further clarified to better succeed?
Don’t forget about your advanced users
- Build capacity among your advanced users. Equip them to support some of your basic users.
- Collaborative sharing space to contribute new ideas or innovative activities that have worked for them.
Focus on the Why, When, and How … not just the WHAT
- What happened this year to help you guide your PD plans?
- How has your PD plan changed from what you may have previously had planned? Why did these events affect your plan?
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter