In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan talk about evaluating tech tools, things to consider, and working with administrators on purchasing needed technology for physical and virtual classrooms.
How To Help Your District Purchase EdTech
- Have meaningful discussions with your administrators
- Discuss the Why and the How in addition to the Who
- What is your purpose for purchasing this?
- Test Drive the Free Demos
- Many demos are still available through June. Give them a try and see what works best for your school and teachers.
- Make Friends with the Companies on Social Media
- These relationships offer many benefits to pilot new features and in many cases discounts and benefits of their ambassador programs.
- Discuss training and implementation of new applications (both physically and virtually)
- Think about all the different ways training should take place for different learning styles and needs for the time.
- Video tutorial, written instructional guides, face to face presentations
- Ask the question: “Should you be bringing in new tools”
- Is this a top down tool or a bottom up tool?
- Purpose is huge here. Don’t purchase a tool because it is the “trendy” thing to do. Fully evaluate how it will benefit your teachers efficiency.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter