In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan talk about what summer PD and the summer conference training season will look like as we move forward in planning for a new school year and training teachers.
5 Strategies for Running a Successful Professional Development Bootcamp
A lot of what we have been doing in our classrooms over the recent weeks is going to hold over into summer professional development and conference planning as we work to train veteran teachers and newly hired teachers in virtual teaching strategies that can be successfully blended easily into a face to face classroom.
- Relevancy – How do I determine what my teachers need? Have a vision of what the trainings should accomplish and for whom.
- Flexibility – What are the advantages of running online trainings?
- Anytime, Anywhere
- Differentiated for the teacher giving them choice
- Can be Self-Paced
- Teach the idea of Flipped Learning by structuring PD this way
- Getting Cute with Professional Development
- Global Collaboration –
- Virtual bootcamp style PD sessions allows for you to bring more teachers together especially if you are covering an entire school district. Many times coaches have to go from school to school and present the same training. Virtual allows you to bring those teachers together and create connections and encourage collaboration across the school system.
- Create your own PD online or vet what already exists and curate it for your teachers using YouTube Playlists, Wakelet, etc., etc.
- Twitter Chats for your teachers
- FB Groups for your school or district to provide training materials/resources
- If you are presenting online “synchronously” have a moderator to help monitor the chat
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter