Are you looking forward to a new school year but it is just too early to bring new teachers into the building for training? Learn how to make the best PD decisions today!
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss a variety of ways that school districts can be successful onboarding new teachers before the school gets started!
Whether it is physical or virtual, introduce yourself as the coach/trainer via video and send it out prior so they have a name, face, and voice to put together to make them feel more at ease.
- Acknowledge the various levels of background knowledge of the teachers coming in.
- Think about a self-paced checklist for them to complete where you are not lecturing but having them complete a checklist for proof of knowledge and you are available to answer questions. We call ours “Getting to Know Tech at CASS” – SAMPLE
- SAMPLE of a Technology Orientation Page
- The checklist idea from physical training can definitely be incorporated here.
- Utilize video. Get yourself an online video presence. Training does not always have to be synchronous. All of those questions you get all of the time, make them into quick tutorial videos for your teachers to access anywhere/anytime.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter