In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome an awesome panel of tech coaches to discuss using video with training teachers and teaching students. We discussed what we have learned, what our teachers have learned, and ideas for best practices.
- What have we learned about creating video to instruct our teachers?
- What have we learned about creating video to instruct our students?
- New Teacher Orientation
- What advice do we have for “newbies?”
- Camera angle at or a bit above eye level
- iPhone back camera is higher quality
- Interesting background helpful
- Light on your face
- Stay closer to your audio source.
- Be sure to look at your camera lens and not at yourself. Put an interesting picture/photo above your camera to focus on to look up at the camera.
- Amazing New Drawing Tool:
- Wacom Tablet for writing/annotations onto screen
- Making Great Looking Backgrounds
- Have an idea of the look you want
- Google Slides, other slides apps to add shapes, colors
- Unsplash.com; Pixabay.com – images, videos that are copyright friendly to make backgrounds
- The Noun Project – Starburst and Swirl icons to create alternate looks
- Zoom – 16:9 dimension
- Look in specs for platform you are using to determine background size
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @SV314dws
- Thom Gibson | @gibsonedu
- Melissa Summerford | @SummerfordStars
- Nancy Minicozzi | @coffeenancy, coffeenancy.com TLC Ninja
- Tyler Keefe | @keefe67 @shermangators
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter