In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan continue the “Tools For Tech Coaches” discussion throughout this month of July. Today we talk about Wakelet and how you can “Catch the Wakelet Wave” as we welcome Bruce Reicher to share his many experiences and how he has used Wakelet for his own productivity, coaching teachers, and with his students.
- What is Wakelet and curation?
- How do you use it for your professional development and for your classroom?
- What are some interesting ways you have seen Wakelet used?
- How can students use Wakelet too?
- My PD Wakelet – www.wakelet.com/@reicher
- My School Wakelet – www.wakelet.com/@breicher
- PD Google Site – https://sites.google.com/view/brucereicherpd/home
- Susan’s Wakelet Collections – https://wakelet.com/@sv314dws
10 Ways to Catch the Wakelet Wave
- Curate resources on like topics
- Curate resources to check out later
- Create student choice boards
- Create interactive tutorials and instruction sheets
- Team/Class Collaboration
- Parent Communication
- Presentation Template/Digital Storytelling
- Lesson Planning
- Data Monitoring
- Digital Breakout Games
About our Guest: Bruce Reicher
Bruce Reicher has been an educator for 25 years. He’s currently a technology teacher in Upper Saddle River, NJ at Cavallini Middle School. Reicher teaches Digital Leadership, Python Coding and Video Production. His 8th grade students have produced a live daily newscast for the past 12 years. The CTV student show passed the 2,000th show mark this year. Reicher is also a level 1 & 2 Google Teacher and an Ambassador for – WeVideo, Wakelet, Brainpop and
Codesters. Reicher is also an author who’s written the book with educators Randy Tomes and Paula Neidlinger called “Scripted – An Educator’s Guide To Media In The Classroom”. The book's publisher is Edumatch Publishing. Reicher is also a proud member of the Hawthorne, NJ BOE for the past 8 years.
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/breicher
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bruce.reicher
- LinkedIn – www.linked/in/breicher
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/breicher10/
Scripted – An Educator’s Guide To Media In The Classroom.
This book is written by three media educators who are Paula Neidlinger, Randy Tomes and Bruce Reicher. The premise of the book is that all teachers and students can create media on a small budget. The book provides every step of creating a vibrant media program in a school at every level K-12. The book includes sections written by WeVideo, Wakelet and Backbone Radio. We can’t wait to see what educators and students create after using the book. Here’s a link to keep updated on the release of the book on August 11, 2020 – https://forms.gle/tLnhNFT3rMy9e7Vy7
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/scriptededu & #ScriptedEdu
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/scriptededucators
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/scriptededu
- Wakelet – www.wakelet.com/@scriptededu
- Website – www.scriptededucators.com
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!