The Importance of Meaningful Coaching Connections
Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan welcome Leah Obach and Devon Caldwell to discuss how we can create strong connections with our colleagues and the importance of keeping these connections for successful teaching and learning.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand-new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
Cultivating Connection: building strong connections to foster teaching and learning
- Connections with students
- Connections with fellow teachers
- workshops, presentations and conferences
- Learning retreat events
- Online events such as our Back to School Boost
- We started Teacher Success Squad for teachers in their first 5 years
- Social media and online connections
- Connections beyond the classroom
- Guest experts
- Partner classroom collaboration
- Connection to self
- Learning to incorporate teacher wellness so we can show up at our best
Creating in the Classroom: leveraging technology for students to become the designers and creators
- Harnessing the power of technology for students to create products, rather than just consume
- Ex: digital design of books, digital posters and more
- Learning to code
About our Guests
Leah Obach is an educator from rural Manitoba. She has taught early years, middle years and high school, and acted as a technology coach for her school division. She has a Master’s Degree in Educational Technology and Design. Leah is passionate about improving education through strong classroom practice, ongoing professional growth and collaboration with fellow educators. She strives to engage students in meaningful learning experiences, while fostering the development of timeless skills. Leah has been recognized for her commitment to best practices in teaching. She has represented Canada as a Microsoft Innovative Expert Educator for many years. Leah is the recipient of the 2016 ManACE Educator of the Year Award, the 2012 CDW Canada Teaching with Technology Award and the 2012 Microsoft Partners in Learning Global Forum first runner up award in Extended Learning Beyond the Classroom.
Connect with Leah on Instagram and Facebook @kgeducation.ca or find her on Twitter @LeahO77
Devon Caldwell is a K-8 resource teacher, university instructor, and yoga teacher in Manitoba, Canada. She is also a PhD Candidate in Curriculum and Instruction (Early Childhood Education) at the University of Victoria. Her research interests focus on how and why primary teachers integrate technology. Devon is passionate about infusing technology to foster collaboration, inclusion, and innovation among students, teachers, and their local and global communities. Honours include receiving the Canadian Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence, Early Years Teaching Excellence Award from her school division, 2012 Microsoft Partners in Learning Global Forum first runner up award in Extended Learning Beyond the Classroom, and ManACE Educator of the Year Award. Devon is an enthusiastic contributor to online professional learning communities and loves mentoring educators and pre-service teachers.
About KG Education
Behind KG Education are two passionate educators that grew up in the same small town. Both Devon and Leah were fortunate to be raised in the tiny, rural community of Kenton, MB. They have been best friends and collaborative teaching partners for more than a decade, and their passion for learning, sharing, and mentoring others has only grown stronger. Known by many as the “Kenton Girls”, they are excited to scale up their impact by offering a variety of professional learning opportunities for fellow educators.
Contact the Podcast!
- Twitter: @AskTheTechCoach
- Email: email@example.com
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Susan Vincentz | @sv314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!