In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we take a look at Google Slides and discover how useful they can be in the classroom beyond the traditional “Slide Deck” and be paired with STEM education topics such as coding and programming.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Google Slides … Why do we love you?What are Google Slides good for beyond the traditional slide deck?
- How do you link slides together?
- Hidden features of Google Slides you might have missed.
- Should Google Slides be put in the same category as PowerPoint, Prezi, Haiku Deck and other slide programs?
- Using Google Slides as a Professional Learning Ice Breaker
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
- Visit the TechEducator Podcast | www.TechEducatorPodcast.com
Follow our Hosts
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: How are you using Google Slides and how can we all encourage our teachers to think outside of the box when it comes to presentation tools such as Slides?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- TeacherCast ResourcesLearning the Parts of the Body with Google Slides
- New Google Slides Features for Your Classroom
- Creative Ways of using Google Slides with your Students
- Using Google Slides as a Video Editor
- My Paperless Classroom ResourcesLearning how to create Google Slides Animations
- Teaching Forward. Net ResourcesWorking with Images in Slides
- Google Resources
Tech Tip of the Week
- Google Slides is an extremely versatile application that can do so much more than just be a boring presentation player. From multi-student projects to graphic organizers, there are unlimited possibilities for your classroom projects.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv