In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, we take a look at the state of Social Media with our guest Mike Allton. Together, we discuss Social Media and how it is affecting parents, teachers, and students in regards to internet safety, data privacy, and tips and tricks for creating the best learning experience to our students.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is the state of Social Media in 2018?
- Creating Content for Social vs Creating Content for Search
- Why visit Social Media Sites?
- What Social Media accounts should we be active in?Social Media Tips1) Have a presence in Social Media if you are a business with your brand or name. Use this to build up an audience.
- 2) When ned Social Networks come out… don’t be fascinated by shiny objects
- 3 QuestionsWho is your target audience and which networks seem to support that target audience?Geography
- What kind of content are you comfortable creating?Text
- Which Social Networks have I used personally, and out of those, what has my experience with them been?
- How to craft your Call to Action on your Podcast or Blog
- Tips and Tricks for Social Media SuccessFacebook
- Facebook: Data Breach
- Social Media for students
- How important is Data Privacy?
- What should we do if we are finished with a social media?
- How should we create great podcasting show notes?
- Creating Teachable Moments through Social Media education
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
About our Guest
Mike Allton is a Content Marketing Practitioner – a title he invented to represent his holistic approach to content marketing that leverages blogging, social media, email marketing and SEO to drive traffic, generates leads, and convert those leads into sales. He is an award-winning Blogger, Speaker, and Author at The Social Media Hat, and Brand Evangelist at Agorapulse (formerly CMO at SiteSell).
As Brand Evangelist, Mike works directly with other social media educators, influencers, agencies and brands to explore and develop profitable relationships with Agorapulse.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allton
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mike_allton
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeallton/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MikeAllton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mallton/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mikeallton/
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
How are you using Social Media in your classroom? With so many positive and negative aspects of Social Media, how are you helping your students learn right from wrong?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv