In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, we welcome podcaster Dorothy Illson on the program who shares successful marketing tips for podcasters and teachers looking to build a brand from their podcast. Dorothy is an experienced Facebook advertiser and product marketer with a brand new podcast called Do Well and Do Good.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Starting a New Podcast
- Lessons learned as a new podcasterBest advice given
- Best advice you could give someone
- Podcast Movement 2018
- Marketing and Branding 101Beating the Algorithm
- Should Podcasters Market Themselves on Social Media?
- How to successfully navigate Facebook
- How to create value from your podcast, website, or brandShould we charge for our products and services?
- How to create an ever-evolving podcast
About our Guest
Dorothy is a digital marketer and podcaster who aims to show people that creating massive financial success and making a massive impact can go hand in hand. Dorothy abandoned her planned career as an accountant to work for a start-up after college instead. At 25 years old, after just over 3 years there, she ventured out on her own founding Needle's Eye Media, a full-service Facebook advertising agency. Dorothy's agency broke through 5 figures a month in revenue in its first 5 months and has continued to grow from there – succeeding in her goal of building an annual six-figure business in her first year. More recently, Dorothy launched the podcast Do Well & Do Good, which tells the stories of people who have not only created success professionally but who have chosen to leverage that success to increase their positive impact on the world. She gives back 10% of her income to charities voted on each month by her Do Well & Do Good podcast audience.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv