In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff welcomes podcaster Maria Alcoke on the program to discuss her podcast “The Engine Mom.” Together, they discuss how podcasts can be created to create and grow a community around a group, concept, or idea to help build strength and positivity for all.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Starting a podcast for a niche audience
- How to find and speak to your avatar
- Learning how your audience is listening to your podcast
- Finding and growing your audience
- Building a Community around your podcast
- Women in Podcasting
- Why it's important for women to pursue their passions (what inspired The Engine Mom Podcast)
- Risk taking and why uncomfortable leaps and scary action steps are necessary to make big (and small) life changes
- What keeps me motivated with my podcast and how I monetize it
- Blessings and challenges of working for yourself as a parent
- How to get involved in the TeacherCast Podcasting CommunityJoin our Facebook Group
- Sign up for our Mailing List
- Share TeacherCast with others in your PLN
- Become a guest on the TeacherCast Podcast
- Subscribe to this Podcast
About our Guest
Maria Alcoke is the host of the Engine Mom Podcast, a CrossFit-L1 trainer, a Certified Pre&Postnatal Coach and runs her own graphic & web design studio, MariaVida Creative.
After over 10 years in the creative field in both agency and education settings, she left the corporate world to pursue her own business right before the birth of her daughter. Now, three years into her motherhood and entrepreneurial journey with another baby girl on the way, due in early December 2018, Maria has a thriving design business and has merged her passion for teaching and fitness through coaching.
Maria realized the true value of community and connection while navigating some major transitions in 2015 which included moving across the country, starting her own business and becoming a mom. She is a firm believer in “it takes a village” when it comes to raising your family while simultaneously staying true to yourself. In September 2017, she launched The Engine Mom Podcast to provide unique perspectives from Moms who are driven by their passions and to inspire others to be their best selves by identifying what fuels them: their passions and greater purpose.
Links of Interest
- The Engine Mom Podcast: https://enginemom.com/
- The Engine Mom on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_engine_mom/
- The Engine Mom on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theenginemom/
- Design Work: http://www.mariavida.com/
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv