In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff sits down with podcaster Tim Cavey from the Teachers on Fire Podcast to discuss what goes on behind a successful podcast. Topics today include Podcasting Equipment, Editing Applications, Finding an Audience, and Purchasing the best Domain Name for your podcast.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The Teachers on Fire Podcast
- How to get your podcast started
- Podcasting ApplicationsAdobe Audition
- Equipment & Platforms That Make Teachers on Fire HappenAdobe Audition – all audio editing
- Anchor – hosting, publishing, and distribution. It’s FREE.
- Canva – most logos and graphics
- Headliner – animates episode art for publication on the YouTube channel
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 – the laptop that I use to record, edit, and publish episodes – the plug & play microphone I use to record
- WeVideo – my cloud-based video editor for intros and outtros on my Youtube content
- Zencastr – the cloud-based, audio-only, laptop-to-laptop recording platform that I currently use to record interviews
- Podcasting MentorsJohn Lee Dumas
- Gary Vee
- How to protect your brand through your domain names and social media sitesPurchasing multiple Domains
- Protecting your TLD
- Finding Your AudienceLinkedIn
- Building a CommunityUsing Canva for Graphics
- Headliner: Publishing Video Clips of Audio
- WeVideo: Great for multipurpose content
- Evangelizing for Podcasts and Podcasters
About our Guest
Tim Cavey is a middle school teacher in Surrey, BC, Canada. In March of 2018, he realized a long-time dream by launching Teachers on Fire, a podcast for educators that airs weekly.
About the Teachers on Fire Podcast
Profiling agents of growth and transformation in K-12 education. Advocating for collaboration, communication, creation > consumption, critical thinking, design thinking, growth mindset, inquiry, PBL, and strategic uses of technology in education.
Links of Interest
- Homepage: https://teachersonfire.net/
- Tim’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/MisterCavey
- Podcast Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeachersonFire
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeachersOnFire
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/teachersonfire/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFDPjkAn7lZb-rahyVDttKA
- Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/teachers-on-fire/id1363650419
- Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yYTE4OTY0L3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/teachers-on-fire
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv