In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff sits down with Randall Black to discuss everything from creating podcasts with his students to his promoting the concept of failure as a way to get better as a podcaster.
This episode was brought to you by Student Treasures
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The Randall Black Show
- Edtech Shorts
- How do you format a podcast for maximum visibility and exposure
- Understanding how to handle Failure
- The Howl Cast PodcastBuilding a podcast for your community
- Creating a student-created show
- Podcasting EquipmentEquipmentSamson Q2U USB/XLR Microphones
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD Audio Interface
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD Audio Interface
- Creating community outreach through your podcast
- Podcasting with WordPress
- Best advice that can be given to educators looking to get into podcasting“Create and Share Great Content”
About our Guest
Randall Black is an educator, technology specialist, and podcaster from West Virginia. He has served in various roles in education over the last decade (classroom teacher, technology integration specialist, and technology systems specialist). Randall's goal is to help students, teachers, and administrators to improve their success in and out of the classroom through the use of technology.
Links of Interest
- Podcast Homepage: http://svhs.wayn.k12.wv.us/howlcast/
- Randall’s Site: https://randallblack.com (Home of The Randall Black Show and EdTech Shorts)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rgblack316
- Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-howlcast/id1445015619
- Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cDovL3N2aHMud2F5bi5rMTIud3YudXMvZmVlZC9wb2RjYXN0Lw
- Stitcher Radio: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=338094&refid=stpr
About the Howl Cast Podcast
The Howl Cast is the official podcast of Spring Valley High School. Join Randy Black, Technology Systems Operator, and Will Totten, Assistant Principal, each week as they share announcements, upcoming events, cafeteria menus, and student and teacher successes from your Home of the Timberwolves.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv