Creating Student Voice Through Podcasting with Jamie Turnbull
In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff sits down with Jamie Turnbull to discuss how to create student podcasts using Synth. In this episode, Jamie discusses how she sets up her podcasting activities through simple activities that then lead into a three-day activity for her middle school students.
This podcast is sponsored by Concordia University – Portland
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Podcast in the Classroom?
- How to Podcast in the Classroom?
- Classroom Management During Podcasting Activities
- The Importance of Student Voice
- Creating Student Podcasts using Synth
- Setting Up Classroom Assignments
- Recording During Class time
- Recording Out of Class time
- Digital Citizenship
- Sharing Podcasts with Our School and Community
About Jamie Turnbull
Jamie Turnbull is a Middle School English teacher at Sioux Central Community School. She has been teaching for 6 years and consistently encourages student voice. Most recently, she designed a podcast unit with her students, which reflects the importance of student-centered learning and the power of student voice.
Students are using Synth to create podcasts. There are several links to student examples that I would like to share.
Links of Interest
- Homepage: https://gosynth.com/podcasts/24181
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MsJTurnbull
- Synth Blog
Follow Educational Podcasting Today
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!