Should We Be Podcasting During Our Contracted Working Hours? Featuring Thom Gibson
In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff welcomes podcaster Thom Gibson on the program to discuss his podcast Stories from the Classroom.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
This podcast is sponsored by Concordia University – Portland
In this episode, we discuss:
- Stories from the Classroom Podcast
- How to get started as a podcaster
- Shifting your podcast topics midway through the life of your show
- Creating a side hustle based on your professional career
- How to create YouTube and Podcasting content from real life lesson plans and classroom activities
About Thom Gibson
Thom Gibson is an educator in Austin, TX, teaching middle school math and robotics as well as the high school YouTube Video Production elective. In addition to being the creator and host of the ‘Stories from the Classroom' podcast, he also manages two YouTube channels; one showcasing reflections from his classroom and the other teaching viewers how to create and grow on YouTube.
Outside of education, he's a practitioner of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, has been learning mandarin for two years, shares his book (and beef jerky) reflections on a side Instagram account (@booksandbeefjerky), he loves to run, and is actively involved in his church.
About Stories from the Classroom
An audio documentary-style educational podcast exploring innovation in the classroom. Learn from amazing educators and get insight into how to bring these innovative lessons and ideas into your classroom.
Links of Interest
- Podcast Homepage
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/gibsonedu
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/gibsonedu
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/gibsonedu
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/gibsoneducation
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Stitcher Radio
Equipment Mentioned on the Podcast
- Zoom H4n Pro (field audio & interviews)
- SM58 Microphone (podcast interviews)
- iPhone 6s (audio)
- RODE NGT2 Microphone (home studio mic)
- Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 Interface
- Canon T3i Video Camera
- Joby Gorillapod Focus
- RODE VideoMic Pro (for DSLR)
- GoPro Hero4 Pro Silver
- Neewer Ring Light 18”
- RODE NTG2 (for pro voiceover work)
Follow Educational Podcasting Today
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!