In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff sits down with Michael Silverstone, a podcaster and teacher at the Montessori Lower Elementary School where he is using his passions for music and podcasting to help students find a voice both in and out of the classroom.
In this episode, you will learn:
- First Saturday: A Podcast of Ideas, Music, and Writing
- Working with students and giving them a voice in and out of the classroom
- Book: Raising Student Voices in Diverse Classrooms (February 2020, ASCD)
- Combining your teacher identity with your personal identity
About our Guest
Michael Silverstone is both a teacher and a writer. After 15 years as a 2nd Grade Classroom Teacher in Amherst, MA, he trained as a Montessori Lower Elementary teacher, and now teaches at the Newton Montessori School in Newton Centre, MA. He also on the staff of the Montessori Elementary Teacher Training Collaborative based in Lexington, MA. Michael is Michael is the author of a number of non-fiction books for young people and is a writer of books and articles on education including In It Together: How Student, Family, and Community Partnerships Advance Engagement and Achievement in Diverse Classrooms (Corwin, 2015) and Raising Student Voices in Diverse Classrooms (ASCD 2019) both co-written with Dr. Debbie Zacarian.
Links of Interest
- Website: http://www.michaelsilverstone.net/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SilverstoneMr
- School Twitter: https://twitter.com/MontessoriMETTC
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newtonmontessori
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/newtonmontessori/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMCP30ZPgpOg-Pyr-0YmLhg
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!